Friday, December 02, 2005

More counting .....

T minus 2 days.

Countdown reminds me of two things - obviously the late great Richard Whiteley, but also being handed a karaoke microphone (by Speedy) in a swanky bar in Thailand with the opening chords of Europe's 80s extravaganza "The Final Countdown" swelling up like a wave before me. Speedy had sung something easy and tuneful, Kirsty McColl I think, and the sense of expectation was understandably high. Now, Speedy is musically gifted, with karaoke skills finely honed in Japan. I, conversely, was once asked to desist from singing during a carol service. Anyway, it was crowd-dispersingly bad and I'm not sure that I've entirely come to terms with the feeling of shame.

Anyway, as you've probably guessed, it appears there'll be just three of us going into the weekend ....

No comments: